Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday's Wonderings

How many different states have you lived in??? (No. I don't mean the state of confusion, or the state of depression either...) But how many different states or cities have you lived in during your lifetime??? In my lifetime I have had the opportunity to live in 7 different states and 13 different cities. With each of these new locations came a different set of customs and how things were accomplished. When I was small these did not matter to me as much as they did when I grew older. When we get to experience these different lifestyles and communities we have to adapt our way of life to them somewhat.

When I lived in Hillsboro, Illinois a farming and mining community things were done differently than they were when I lived in Fort Worth, Texas. The way of life was different in Hillsboro, there was a gentler pace of life in comparison to Fort Worth which was more hectic. What am I striving to get across...You ask?

The Christian life can be like this sometimes. Sometimes we are in the calm of the "green pastures" and "still water" and then there are times in our lives when we are before our enemies with the cliffs on one side and the raging river on the other. With each "state" we are in.... isn't it comforting to know God is with us no matter what is happening. Whether the calm or the hectic God is always there. Take time to thank Him today for His presence in all the different "states" of our lives.

"The Lord is a shelter by your side." Psalm 121:5

Prayer of the Day: Thank you God for being my protector even in all of my different "states."

Keep Lookin' Up!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment