Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday's Wonderings

If you ever wonder ...wonder, whatever became of me.. I'm living on the air in Cincinnati..Cincinnati and WKRP..I'm at WKRP in Cincinnati...." A part of a theme song from looong ago about a radio station called WKRP that was located in Cincinnati...

This was an interesting show not only because of the humor but also because of the relationships between the characters of the show... My favorite character was Les Nessman... an accident prone guy who always had either a band - aid on his finger or some type of bandage somewhere on his body...He also was the newsman who received an award for his agriculture news in the state of Ohio... No one ever took him seriously even when he was striving to be serious about news or agriculture... He did a live remote from a grocery store where they were dropping live turkeys out of a helicopter... and one of the greatest lines in television was when Les reported "the turkeys are hitting the ground like large sacks of flour!" Then a few seconds later you hear him scream,"The turkeys are mounting a counter - attack!"

I still remember this show from years ago with a smile on my face... But going back to the theme song for the show about the living on the air in Cincinnati... I want to ask "US'... Which "air" are we living on in our hometown??? Are we living on our own air? Or are we living on the "air" provided by the Holy Spirit?

My prayer is that we daily walk with the Holy Spirit..."So I say, live by the Spirit and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature..For the sinful nature is at war with the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is at war with the sinful nature.. But be led by the Spirit .... Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit." Galatians 5:16,17 &25

Prayer of the Day: Holy Spirit please help me follow you where you lead today.

Keep Lookin' Up

No comments:

Post a Comment