Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday's Musings

Shhh!!! Can you hear them??? Listen close... Shhh!!! Ya' gotta listen close I'm tellin' ya'....Can ya' hear them? It's all of those nagging voices going off in your head telling you that you're going to fail....Even when things are going well our mind tricks us into thinking we're not doing well and that we are going to fail...

How many times have you been told that you are doing a great job... and then have one person tell you that you stink and all you do is worry about the one person with the negative comment? Too many times I can tell you!

When are we going to stop listening to the "naysayers" and listen to the positive people? My prayer is that we will begin really soon.

In our Sunday School lesson we talked about being afraid... And I am afraid that is what we our most terrified of in the Christian walk than anything else...Just being afraid..Am I going to do something wrong?? Say something wrong??

Quit listening to the negative and listen to Jesus! He promised to help us and never leave us...So what do we have to be afraid of??? Absolutely nothing!!

Can ya' hear it? No really can ya' hear it?? Jesus' voice telling you to not be afraid!

"When I am afraid I will trust in you. In God whose Word I praise, in God I will trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? (Or his negative comments?) Brian's parahrase in parenthesis....Psalm 56:3 - 4

So let's get to it!!!

Prayer of the Day: Jesus help me to trust your Words and not those negative words from man or those negative thoughts in my head.

Keep Lookin' Up!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment